WEDA offers a variety of professional development, educational and recognition events every year, including two annual conferences that draw hundreds of individuals for certifications, continuing education, workshops, and networking opportunities. WEDA’s annual events include:
- Governor’s Conference on Economic Development
- WEDA’s biggest education and networking event of the year is the Governor’s Conference on Economic Development. The three-day conference includes educational sessions covering the most important economic development topics and issues of the day; exhibits; receptions; and other networking opportunities. The conference provides continuing education credits for EDFP, CEcD and AICP certifications.
- WEDA Fall Conference
- WEDA’s Annual Fall Conference, held at a new and exciting location each year to highlight the best practices of Wisconsin communities, provides economic development professionals with tremendous networking and educational opportunities. The Fall Conference focuses on the latest topics in economic development and places attendees in front of dynamic speakers and industry thought leaders. The conference provides continuing education credits for EDFP, CEcD and AICP certifications.
- Community and Economic Development Awards
- Each year, economic development professionals and businesses from across the state gather in Wisconsin’s capital city for an evening to celebrate exceptional projects and programs that drive economic growth. The Community and Economic Development Awards (CEDA) program recognizes economic development best practices and businesses and organizations that are making significant contributions to Wisconsin’s economy.
- Basic Economic Development Course
- The Basic Economic Development Course is designed to provide an understanding of the basic concepts, theories, methods and practice of economic development. Graduation from the Basic Development Course fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to pursue the Certified Economic Developer Designation (CEcD) through the IEDC.
- WEDA Legislative Day
- This exciting event give WEDA members a unique opportunity to influence critical economic development policy in Wisconsin. WEDA’s Legislative Day brings economic development professionals from across the state together in Madison to build relationships with state lawmakers and educate them on key economic development policy issues that drive business growth and job creation in Wisconsin.